By DAVID DICK | Fellow When I was preparing my transition from employment in Belgium to employment in northern Virginia, friends encouraged me to look at opportunities as an information technology (IT) contractor for the federal government, which relies on contractors to design and deliver IT solutions. For this reason, many companies that build and sell IT systems have entered the lucrative market of outsourcing employees. Since May 2005, I have been employed by four contracting companies and worked at several government agencies. When I started working as a contractor, I discovered that very little is written about the ins… Read the rest
Volume 63 | Issue 6 Contents
- From the Editor
- A Note from the Guest Editors
- Transitioning from Technical Writing to Instructional Design
- An Interactive Introduction to Instructional Design for Professional Communicators
- How Can Instructional Designers Learn about Customers?
- For Best Results: Designing Plastic Model Assembly Instructions
- Instructional Design for Smartphones: Learning Pills for Smombies
- Society-Level Offices for 2017
- Couldn’t Attend the Summit? Now You Can!
- International Summit Awards